Build a hunting blind that will be effective and affordable. Easy to follow instructions and blueprints. Build it in place with this stick framing approach.
Have you ever wished you had a permanent place to hunt your game from? Have you ever wished you had shelter from the wind and rain? These hunting blind plans are the solution to your problems. You can even put a heater and whatever else you want in this thing!
Hunting Blind Materials
- 4 – 4 x 4 x 8′ post
- 1 – 4 x 8 x 7/16″ O.S.B.
- 1 – 4 x 8 x 5/8″ sub-floor
- 6 – 4 x 8 x 3/8″ T 111 lap siding
- 40 – 2 x 4 x 8′
How to Build a Hunting Blind
- Set the four post in the ground 24″ deep. Use a 93″ x 45″ rectangular layout.
- Establish a level mark at where you want the top of the floor to be on all post and cut them off.
- Run the rim boards for the floor using these marks (2 – 2 x 4 x 8′ and 2- 2 x 4 x 45″).
- Run “X” bracing from right below the floor down to the bottom of each joining post.
- Put joists in the floor frame on 24″ center. Deck the platform with one sheet of 5/8″ plywood.
- Cut out a trap door and put hinges on the removed plywood. Frame in the hole so the trap door will have support around its perimeter.
- Use two 8′ 2 x 4’s with 16″ steps 16″ apart for the ladder.
- Cut 2 wall plates 96″. Cut the studs 77″. Build it on the ground with a 24″ layout.
- Stand it into position on top of the floor platform and nail it down. You may or may not have to use braces.
- Repeat the procedure for the other long wall, but make the studs 1″ longer.
- Cut four 2 x 4 wall plates 41″ and nail them in place. On at the top and one at the bottom on each end.
- Build a roof platform just like the floor but make the joists 45 5/16″ long.
- Use T 111 siding cut from the bottom of the floor platform to the top of the roof platform.
- Use a 4 x 8 sheet of O.S.B. to deck the roof platform with.
- See How to Install Metal Roof for instructions on laying a metal roof.
- Determine the level of the window openings relative to your target hunting areas and the shooting position you will be in.
- Cut out a window in each stud cavity. Do not cut the studs. Hang camouflage netting for curtains.
- Shoot trophy game, check out the rest of Pro barn Plans, and be happy you did build a hunting blind!