Simple dog house plans include DIY instructions and blueprints. It is easy to build with “A” frame type construction using plywood and 2 x 4’s. Get your dog a roof over his head at a price you can afford with a project so simple anyone can build it. This super simple design can be easily modified to fit your dogs needs. Know that smaller house hold heat better than larger ones. This particular version holds two medium size dogs easily (Lily and Gracie like to sleep on each other).
Lily and Gracie are the product of Chloe and an unfortunate incident with a beagle hound. She is a Shih Tzu and lives inside. They are beagleshits and love the high front deck. To say the least, they are not very resourceful when it comes to taking cover from the rain. This “A” frame design will need no shingles or siding, but I can add them easily.
Simple Dog House Plans
32″ x 48″ is large enough of an area of area for two medium size dogs (really too large). Begin by cutting a piece of 3/4″ treated plywood in thirds. Each piece is 32″ x 48″.
- Rip three 2 x 4 x 46″ down each edge on a 40º.
- Fasten the two wall sheets together at the top.
- Screw them to the ripped 2 x 4.
- Position the floor sheet so that both remaining legs are equal and tack it with a screw on each corner.
- Screw the wall sheets and the floor sheet to the ripped 2 x 4’s so that the rips hold in an inch on ech end.
- Cover both remaining open triangles with 1/2″ treated plywood. Set them inside the triangles and screw them to the ends of the ripped 2 x 4’s.
- Cut out the hole for the door.